Continuing students should register for classes and make any schedule changes (i.e., add/drop classes) through their OASIS account. If you are unable to make changes to your current registration in OASIS (i.e., the class is full, and instructor permission is required), you should fill out the Registration Change Form online instead. Once you have submitted one of these forms, you should receive a response within 2 business days.

When you register for a semester, you are registering for all sessions within that semester, meaning you are registering for both 16 weeks and the first and second 8-week sessions. From the viewpoint of Oglethorpe University, your enrollment status (i.e., full-time, part-time) depends on the total number of hours being attempted in all sessions within a semester. If you enroll in 12 credit hours, and three four credit hour courses, you are considered full-time by the Federal Government. If you enroll in less than 12 credit hours but in 8 credit hours or more, you are considered part-time by the Federal Government. Your enrollment status and the total number of credit hours you attempt (attempt means all the credit hours you earn or try to earn; if you withdraw from an individual course, those credit hours are still considered “attempted”) in a term can impact your financial aid eligibility and lead to serious financial implications.

*Note for Traditional Undergraduate Students: While you must enroll in 12 credit hours in a semester to be considered full-time, it is important to remember that if you are trying to meet the 128 credit hour degree requirement in 4 years, taking only fall and spring classes, you will need to enroll in at least 16 credit hours each semester.

Registration dates for each term are published by Enrollment Services. In general, registration begins in November for the spring semester and in April for the summer and fall semesters. You can view the start date for each registration term by selecting the previous term from the Academic Calendar page. Registration dates are based on how many credit hours you have earned (it does not include any current registration). The exact dates of registration will be sent to you and your advisor through your Oglethorpe email account. You can also visit the Get Ready page for the exact dates of registration. Information on J-Term registration can be found on the J-Term page.

You should meet with your Academic Advisor prior to registration. Your advisor can help you with selecting the most appropriate courses to help you meet degree requirements while considering your personal interests and goals. You and your advisor should your Program Evaluation to make sure you are completing the proper courses to meet published program requirements. You will not be eligible to register until you have been cleared to register by an academic advisor. You should also visit the Get Ready page to make sure you have done everything you need to before registration.

You are responsible for registering for the courses that you and your advisor agreed to. If you decide to change your schedule, you are responsible for any unintended or unforeseen consequences, which could include not graduating on time or losing your financial aid. You are responsible for knowing and following the policies detailed in the university bulletin. Of course, if you need any help, please stop by the HUB located on the ground floor of Lupton and let us know. We are always happy to help!

See “Holds” section for information that may prevent registration.

You can still make changes to your schedule up through the end of Add/Drop week which is typically the first week of classes; note that this week varies depending on whether the course is a 16-week course or an 8-week course. Once the Add/Drop week has ended, you are no longer able to add a first 8 weeks course or a 16 weeks course, and you are no longer able to drop a course. You can, however, withdraw from a course. A withdrawal means that the course will appear on your transcript with a grade of “W,” but the grade will not impact your GPA. There is a deadline by which you must submit the Registration Change Form. Please see the Academic Calendar for the exact date.

*Note: You should consult your Academic Advisor prior to submitting an Individual Course Withdrawal form to make sure you are aware of the academic, athletic, and financial consequences of doing so.

Sometimes courses may be canceled. We make every effort to do this before the start of the semester, but sometimes it happens after classes have begun. Any class cancellations will be at the beginning of the semester so that there is plenty of time for you to make adjustments to your schedule before the end of the Add/Drop period.