Through the Atlanta Regional Council for Higher Education (ARCHE) – cross-registration offers a way for you to access courses not offered at Oglethorpe University and an opportunity for you to experience different campus environments, professors and subjects around our city.
- Please be aware that you may not register at another institution if the desired course is available in the same semester at Oglethorpe.
- You must be enrolled at Oglethorpe to be eligible to take courses through this program.
- You may cross-register for no more 2 courses a semester and no more than 18 total semester hours during your entire undergraduate career.
- You are responsible for any lab fees or transportation costs associated with this course.
- You must earn a grade of “C-“ or better to have those credits accepted.
- Credits will be added to your Oglethorpe transcript, but they will not be used to calculate your GPA. This includes course you may be attempting to repeat at another institution.
Because there is no additional cost to you by enrolling in an ARCHE course, most traditional undergraduate students see this as a preferable option in the traditional Fall and Spring semester as tuition charges are unchanged with enrollment in 12 – 19 credit hours.
HOW TO REGISTER
- Step 1: Complete the ARCHE Application
- Step 2: Print the completed application
- Step 3: Have it signed by your academic advisor
- Step 4: Have it signed by the program coordinator if applicable*
- Step 5: Submit it to the ARCHE Coordinator in Enrollment Services for the final signature
- Step 6: The ARCHE Coordinator will only submit completed applications to the desired institution
*If you are enrolling a course that you hope will satisfy a major or minor requirement, you will need to obtain the respective program coordinator’s approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Agnes Scott
- Brenau University
- Clark Atlanta University
- Clayton State University
- Columbia Theological Seminary
- Emory University
- Georgia Gwinnett College
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia State University
- Interdenominational Theological Center
- Kennesaw State University
- Mercer University
- Morehouse College
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Savannah College of Art and Design – Atlanta
- Spelman College
- University of Georgia
- University of West Georgia
Please visit the ARCHE Cross Registration homepage and download the application to view deadlines as they can change.
Yes, you do have to have a physical signature. The consortium sets the rules and we must have a physical signature for all appropriate parties on the application. If you have concerns about this, please contact our ARCHE Coordinator.
Each individual institution’s timeline varies based on their academic calendar. We do our best to notify you as soon as you are registered to make any necessary changes to your schedule. Please do NOT try to contact the ARCHE Coordinator at your desired institution for updates. If you have any questions regarding your status, please direct them to our ARCHE Coordinator.
You can submit an ARCHE Application to multiple institutions in a given semester. In fact, we would recommend it as there is no guarantee that you will be able to register for any one desired course.
We get it, sometimes things don’t go to plan. You are subject to the deadlines and academic policies of the host institution. You can contact the Registrar’s Office of the host institution or our ARCHE Coordinator about changing your registration.
Nope, our agreements with the consortium require that each institution send transcripts to the home institutions of each cross-registered student. If you have concerns about when we will receive your transcript, please contact our ARCHE Coordinator.