Degree application and completion fee

As you approach the middle of the semester prior to your anticipated degree completion, you will be asked to submit an application for degree. A $125 degree completion fee will be assessed at the time the degree application is submitted.

If you have unpaid obligations to the university, you will not be provided with final transcripts or diplomas in any circumstances. If you are not able to graduate as projected in the original degree application, a new degree application must be submitted reflecting the new anticipated graduation date. In this case, an additional degree completion fee is not required unless it becomes necessary to order a new diploma because of the change.

Application for Degree

Commencement and diplomas

Diplomas are awarded at the close of the spring, summer and fall semesters to those who have submitted a degree application, paid their degree completion fee and satisfied all graduation requirements (see the bulletin for details).

Commencement exercises are held once a year at the close of the spring semester in May. You must have completed all graduation requirements in order to participate in commencement exercises. The only exception allowed is if you have completed all other graduation requirements except for a maximum of two courses totaling no more than 12 semester hours. In that case you will be allowed to “walk” but will not receive your diploma until all graduation requirements have been satisfied.

All other students completing graduation requirements at the end of summer or fall participate in the following spring’s commencement exercises. Students who are not in financial good standing with the university or who have any holds whatsoever on their account will not be permitted to participate in commencement exercises and will not receive a diploma or a final transcript, even if they have otherwise satisfied all requirements for graduation.


Commencement Website