All of our students will be assigned to an advisor based on their academic program of study. You can view your advisor online in your OASIS Student Account.
- Watch a short video of how to view your advisor
- Read step-by-step instructions on how to view your advisor
- Instructions on how to email your advisor
Note: First year traditional undergraduate students will be a part of Compass Advising and will be assigned a Compass Advisor for the duration of their first year at Oglethorpe.
Changing Your Academic Advisor
You can always request a different academic advisor. Here are the ways you can be assigned to a new academic advisor:
- You can submit the online Change of Advisor Form and request a new advisor. That new advisor must agree to your request. The HUB will change the assignment, and the new advisor information will display in OASIS.
- If you change your major, you will be administratively reassigned prior to the next registration period. The Division Chair for the division that houses your new major will assign you a new advisor. The HUB will change the assignment and you will receive an email notification to your OU email account.