There are several different types of contact information that Oglethorpe collects from students. Below are the various types of contact information we collect, when and how we use them.
- Watch a short video of how to submit your Emergency Contact Information
- How to Submit Your Emergency Contact Information Step-by-Step Instructions
Already submitted your Emergency Contact Information but need to confirm it for registration?
- Watch a short video of how to confirm your Emergency Contact Information
- How to Confirm Your Emergency Contact Information Step-by-Step Instructions
You are able to grant another individual online access to your student account. This person will be called your Proxy. Your Proxy will only be able to see the information that you give them permission to view. You can view more information about Proxy access here. We will never reach out to an individual to whom you have granted Proxy access to share information. They may or may not be the same individuals that you’ve listed as your Emergency Contact.
- Watch a short video of how to grant an individual Proxy Access
- How to Grant Proxy Access Step-by-Step Instructions
We use the information from your admission application to create your student record such as address, phone number, and primary email are imported to your Student Record. If we need to contact in the event of a non-emergency such as an issue with your financial aid, academic standing, etc. this is the information that we would use to do so. You can always view the contact information we have on record for you online through your student account.
- Watch a short video of how to view your contact information
- How to View Your Contact Information Step-by-Step Instructions
You can update your primary email address and phone number directly in your student account; however you can update your permanent mailing address by filling out the online Change of Information Form.