- Remote Learning Success: Tips and Tricks
- Tutoring Support: Please email Tutoring@oglethorpe.edu to get more information
- Undergraduate scholarships that do not require proof of citizenship or permanent legal residence.
- Additional information can be found here for TheDREAM.US Scholarship Program and other OU financial aid.
Jobs and Internships
- For DACA recipients, there are a number of on-campus jobs listed on Handshake that you can apply for throughout the year as long as they do not receive funding from the Federal Work Study Program.
- For those without DACA, there are fewer options available, but some opportunities do exist. For example, students who have lived in the dorms for one year can apply to be an RA and receive a discounted housing rate.
- Here is a list of potential opportunities for undocumented students put together by Immigrants Rising. It could provide ideas for off-campus work that focuses on professional services and opportunities in the Gig economy.
- There are also internship opportunities at local non-profits like the Latin American Association that can potentially provide credit and experience (and sometimes payment).
- For more information or updates about jobs and internships for undocumented students, please contact Peter Dye: email@example.com.
- You can visit Oglethorpe’s Counseling Center page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about counseling services and appointments
- Helpful infographics from Informed Immigrant about coping with stress
Legal Services and Resources
- National Immigration Legal Services Directory near Oglethorpe
- ACLU Know Your Rights
- Know your Rights Handouts in multiple languages
- Latest DACA updates and support from Latino Community Fund GA
Helpful Oglethorpe Instagram accounts:
- OU Career Development
- Oglethorpe Counseling Center
- Oglethorpe Student Government Association
Helpful Undocumented Student Resources Instagram accounts:
- DREAMer’s Roadmap
- Informed Immigrant
- United We Dream
- Latino Community Fund GA
- Latin American Association
- Center for Pan Asian Community Services