Are you interested in taking a course at another institution while pursuing your degree at Oglethorpe University? Awesome, then you have come to the right place! We call students who are pursuing a degree at Oglethorpe University but taking a course at another institution a transient student because you are taking a course/courses “in transient”.
Students who chose to do this can pursue credit in one of two ways- either via ARCHE or by applying as a transient student directly to another institution. Let’s take a quick look at the differences between these two:
- Only applies to institutions which are a member of the Atlanta regional consortium
- You pay your tuition for the courses as if you were taking an additional course at Oglethorpe
- You cannot register for more than 2 ARCHE courses in any semester
- Courses can be taken at any regionally accredited institution in the United States
- You pay tuition directly to the host institution
- There is no limit to the number of transient courses that can be taken with approval