Get the Fall courses and housing you want by following these steps.
If you have a hold on your account, you won’t be able to register for classes.
How do I check to see if I have any holds?
- Login to your OASIS account (contact the Help Desk if you’ve forgotten your password)
- Select “OASIS for Students”
- Under the “Communications” section in the right hand column, select “Student Restrictions”. The following screen will show you the holds you have.
I don’t know why I have this hold. What do I do?
- Contact the office that has added the hold to your account.
- The left hand column on the “Student Restrictions” page displays which office added the hold to your account. *Please note that Financial Aid, Registrar, & Student Accounts are all located in the Hub for Enrollment Services.
- Check the table below for contact information for that office and contact them with any questions.
I resolved my hold. How long will it take to update?
It varies from office to office. Please ask this question when you contact that office to get the hold removed.
|Code||Description||Phone Number||Email Address||Office Location|
|ADM||Admissions Office Holdfirstname.lastname@example.org||First floor of Lupton|
|BUS||Outstanding Balance Holdemail@example.com||HUB (Ground floor of Lupton)|
|CASAF||Campus Safety Holdfirstname.lastname@example.org||Campus Life (Ground floor of TLCC)|
|DEAN||Dean of Students Holdemail@example.com||Campus Life (Ground floor of TLCC)|
|DEM||Demographic Holdfirstname.lastname@example.org||HUB (Ground floor of Lupton)|
|DUAL||Dual Enrollment Transcript Neededemail@example.com||HUB (Ground floor of Lupton)|
|FIN||Financial Aid Holdfirstname.lastname@example.org||HUB (ground floor of Lupton)|
|HEA||Immunization/Health Holdemail@example.com||First floor of Lupton|
|JUD||Judicial Holdfirstname.lastname@example.org||Campus Life (Ground floor of TLCC)|
|LIB||Library-Book Returnemail@example.com||Circulation Desk of Philip Weltner Library|
|NEWST||New Student Restriction||This hold indicates you are part of the Compass advising program.||This hold will not prevent registration.|
|PROV||Provost Office Holdfirstname.lastname@example.org||3rd Floor of Lupton|
|REG||Registrar Holdemail@example.com||HUB (ground floor of Lupton)|
|RGADV||Advising Hold||This hold is unique to each student.||Your advisor will lift this hold after you have met with him/her to prepare for the next semester.|
|RGONL||Online Registration Enabled||This hold should be on your record for online registration.||You must have this hold on your record to be able to register online.|
|SCORE||Official AP/IB Scores Neededfirstname.lastname@example.org||HUB (Ground floor of Lupton)|
I set up a payment plan. Do I need to worry?
Are you current on your plan? (This means you’ve made all your payments in full to date.)
Yes.Then you’re all set. Just remember to make your final installments on schedule.
No. Then follow the steps below because you have a Outstanding Balance hold on your account.
I have an Outstanding Balance hold. A staff member in the Hub told me that I have a balance from Spring 2018. How much is it?
You can view your bill electronically anytime by going to Oasis and logging into your Student Account Center.
If you’re paying with cash, you must come pay in the Hub located on the ground floor of Lupton Hall.
If you’re paying with a check or card, follow these steps:
- Visit pay.oglethorpe.edu to make a one-time payment online.
- On the next screen you can choose either “Payment Plan” or “One-Time Payment”. YOU MUST SELECT “ONE-TIME PAYMENT”. Payment plans are no longer available for the Spring 2018 semester. (But it’s a good screen to know since you will use it to set up your Fall payment plan.)
- Okay, I’ve selected “One-Time Payment”. Now what do I do?
- If you’re paying with a check, select “E-Check” from beneath “Payment Options”. Enter the information accordingly. Hint: Make sure you know the account number and routing number. Press “Submit” and confirm. You’re done! Please note: It can take 3-4 business days for a check payment to be processed. Your hold will not be lifted until Oglethorpe University receives payment from your bank.
- If you’re paying with a credit or debit card, select the appropriate option beneath “Payment Options”. Enter your card information in the boxes that appear. Please note there is a 2.99% convenience fee added to your statement for using your card. Even if you come and pay in the Hub with a credit card, you will be charged this convenience fee. If you agree to it, then select “submit” and confirm the payment. You’re done!
- If you intend to satisfy your balance by securing a loan, Enrollment Services will need to verify the loan has been approved before it can be added to your account. If the loan has been approved for an amount that will completely satisfy your remaining balance, Enrollment Services can lift your associated hold.
Every student must have recently-submitted emergency contact information on file with the University to be eligible to register.
Where do I submit my emergency contact information?
- Log into OASIS.
- Select “OASIS for Students”
- Select “Update Emergency Contact Information” in the first menu called “OASIS for Students.” A new window/tab will open for this information.
- You may need to log in again with your user name and password.
- Under “Emergency Contacts”, you will see any you have previously entered, or you can click on the “+” icon and add a new contact.
- If you add a new contact, add the fields as requested. Make sure to include all phone numbers. We need to know how to contact this person quickly if you are in an emergency on campus.
- When finished, click the “Add Contact” button at the bottom.
- The contact will immediately display on the screen. You can add another contact, edit this new contact you just created, or delete the new contact using the menu options.
- Add as many emergency contacts as you want to enter.
- You can also enter information about your hospital preference, insurance information, etc., but please know this information is not required to have on file to allow registration. You must have emergency contact information and phone numbers for those contacts on file to be eligible to register.
- When you have finished entering your contacts, click on the “Confirm” button near the top of the page.
- You can close this window/tab at any point and will still be logged into your OASIS account in the initial window you had open.
I’ve already submitted emergency contact information – what do I need to do?
You must confirm your emergency contact information is still accurate at least every 6 months.
- Log into OASIS.
- Select “OASIS for Students.”
- Select “Update Emergency Contact Information” in the first menu called “OASIS for Students”. A new window/tab will open for this information.
- You may need to log in again with your user name and password.
- Under “Emergency Contacts”, you will see any people you have already properly entered into the system. Verify that information is still accurate by clicking on the “Confirm” button near the top of the screen. If it isn’t still accurate, edit your contacts as needed and then click on the “Confirm” button near the top of the screen.
How do I see when I am eligible to register for classes?
You will get an email to your OU email from the HUB with your registration date.
Registration is based on earned hours and does not include hours you are currently taking.
To see how many earned hours you have, log into OASIS, select “OASIS for Students”, Under the “Academic Profile” section select “Transcript”.
Online registration for Fall 2018:
Monday, April 2 – Thursday, April 5: Students with at least 81 earned credit hours;
Tuesday, April 3 – Thursday, April 5: Students with at least 49 earned credit hours;
Wednesday, April 4 – Thursday, April 5: Students with at least 17 earned credit hours;
Thursday, April 5: Students with 16 or fewer earned credit hours.
*Students can register beginning at 7 a.m. on their initial registration date. After that, it is available online until Monday, August 27th at 5 p.m.
How do I see my degree audit?
- Log into OASIS
- Select “OASIS for Students”
- Under “Academic Profile”, select “Program Evaluation”
- Follow the prompts to run a degree audit showing you all of your current program requirements – including which requirements you have satisfied and which are still outstanding.
What if my degree audit is showing the wrong major?
You need to formally update your major. You can do that through this online form.
You can still run a “What if?” audit by selecting the program you want in the drop-down menus when you click on the “Program Evaluation” link in OASIS. Doing this will let you see the requirements in another major and how your courses have satisfied those requirements.
Why doesn’t my degree audit show my minor?
It may not be formally declared on your record.
You can see by clicking on the “My Profile” link in the same section of your OASIS account. If the minor is there, send an email to email@example.com asking your minor be added to your degree evaluation. If the minor isn’t listed there, you can formally declare it by filling out this online form.
How do I know who my academic advisor is?
- Log into OASIS
- Select “OASIS for Students”
- Under “Academic Profile”, select “My Profile”.
This will list the academic information the University has on file for you, including your major, minor, and advisor. It also lists contact information for your advisor.
What if the advisor listed isn’t correct?
OASIS lists what is officially on your record. If you think the advisor is inaccurate, you can submit a Change of Advisor request via this online form.
Show-up to your advising appointment prepared.
What does that mean?
- You have already looked at your degree audit.
- You have started looking at the course schedule listing in OASIS to see what classes might make sense.
- You have thought of questions about your degree program and sequencing all of the required courses so you can graduate when you want.
- You are willing to work with your advisor on back-up plans for courses in case your original plan isn’t realistic or seats in the courses you originally wanted are gone when you can register.
- You have thought about potential summer courses you may take here or at home for transient credit. You will need approval from your advisor for any transient courses.
STEP THREE: Get your housing set up
If you want to participate in priority on-campus housing selection, you must declare your intent by April 9th.
ALL STUDENTS must declare their housing intent for the fall semester by April 30th.
Even if you intend to request an exemption from the residency requirement, live in Gables Brookhaven, or have completed your residency requirement, we still need to know your housing situation for the fall semester. Please know that students living at Gables Brookhaven to fulfill their residency requirement are required to purchase the Gables Meal Plan.
Exemptions do not roll over from past years. You must request an exemption every year.
In order to be eligible for housing selection, you must have completed all previous requirements on this page and be registered for classes for Fall 2018. Intent must also be declared in order to participate in on-campus housing selection.
If you have been selected to live in Greek housing for Fall 2018, you should complete the Housing Intent form but you do not need to participate in room selection. Your chapter will coordinate with us and you will receive a room assignment from Residence Life.
Sign in to eRezLife
We have transitioned to a new online housing interface called eRezLife. This takes the place of Simple Campus Housing and will be where you submit forms for Residence Life and participate in housing selection.
To submit your intent form, go to oglethorpe.erezlife.com and activate your account by clicking the green “Activate account” button. You will receive an email to set your password. Communication will go to your OU email. You can also find the link to eRezLife on Oglethorpe’s Residence Life website.
When activating your account, you MUST use a leading zero in front of your ID (0123456) in order for the system to recognize you.
Declare Your Intent
Once logged into eRezLife, select “Apply for Housing” at the top, middle of the page. Click on the application labeled “Fall 2018 (Housing Intent)” and indicate your plans for residency by choosing the option to live on campus, live in Gables Brookhaven, request an exemption, or live off campus due to completion of residency requirement, and complete any supplemental information.
Exemption Note: If you are requesting an exemption from the live on campus requirement you must also complete the Exemption Form listed under the application options. Students who may be exempt from the residency requirement include those who are 22 or older, married, or live with a parent/guardian within 25 miles.
Gables Note: If you plan to live at Gables Brookhaven. Residence Life will require proof of your residence (i.e. a lease) no later than July 15th. Failure to provide proof of residence by then will result in an automatic, on-campus housing placement wherever space permits.
Save the forms and you’re done!
You’ll receive an email from Residence Life with your housing selection time or exemption approval. Please know that exemption approvals may take up to two weeks. Please be patient in waiting to hear if your exemption has been approved.
Create roommate groups
In order to pull room/suitemates into your space during selection, you must create a roommate group with them in eRezLife. You can do this at any point before selecting a room via the “Roommate groups” page in eRezLife. We recommend doing this well before your selection time. You simply will search for your friends using their email address. You can make groups of 2, 3 or 4 people (including yourself). Membership in a roommate group must be mutual. A requested roommate must accept membership in the group on their “Roommate groups” page in eRezLife.
Doing this in advance will save you time when selecting a room. During your selection period, you will browse open spaces and be able to pull in your roommates after selecting a bed. Please note that if your roommate group is larger than the number of available beds in a suite, you will need to create a new roommate group that would fit the space.
Preview rooms and favorite the spaces you know you want
Starting mid-day on April 10th, you will be able to preview rooms available for selection on the “Housing overview” page in eRezLife. You can search through buildings to see what rooms/beds are available. In order to save time during your selection time slot, we recommend that you “favorite” the rooms you’re most interested in by clicking the gold star to the right of the room listing. When coming in to make your selection during your assigned time, you can quickly choose to view your “favorites” and choose to reserve them.
If you have declared your housing intent by April 9 and registered for a full-time course load (12+ credit hours) you will be eligible to participate in priority housing selection. Housing selection will be open April 10-11. If you are eligible you’ll receive an email with the assigned time within that period that you may log in to eRezLife and select your housing. More information will be sent out regarding how to select your space and roommates before selection.
Housing selection times are based on cumulative credit hours for students registered for 12+ credit hours in the fall semester:
- April 10, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Students with 96 or more credit hours may select rooms.
- April 10, 9:00 PM – 11: 59 PM: Students with 64 or more credit hours may select rooms.
- April 11, 8:00 PM – 11:59 PM: Students with fewer than 64 credit hours may select rooms.
For more information, please contact Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your lottery time passes you will still be able to log in to eRezLife to select housing through April 30th.
If you were not eligible for housing selection April 10-11 you may select your housing April 13 – April 30 on a first-come, first-served basis as you become eligible.
Housing selection will close on April 30.
Students who have not selected their housing by this date will need to request placement from Residence Life. All students who have not completed their three year residency requirement or filled out an exemption form for Fall 2018 will be placed and charged for room and board.
You will not slip through the cracks unnoticed if you don’t declare your housing. If you have not fulfilled your 3-year on-campus housing requirement, all you’re doing by not going through the housing selection process is ensuring you will get last choice of housing.
Follow the steps above you make sure you’re happy with your fall living arrangements.
Can I pull in my friends to room with me?
Yes! As long as they are eligible for selection. You can pull up to three people depending on which suite you select.
In order to pull in roommates, you must create a “roommate group” before selection. You do this by going to the “Roommate groups” page in eRezLife and searching for your friends using their email address. Once they are requested for the group, they must go in and select the group as their preference on their “Roommate groups” page.
When selecting your space, you will be able to “pull in” all of your preferred roommates/suitemates that are in the previously created group. To pull someone in, they MUST be eligible for housing, though they can be a different class status. For example, if Student A has registered for 12+ credits by April 9th but Student B hasn’t. Student A will not be able to pull Student B into a space during priority selection.
How much does housing cost?
Visit the HUB website to see all tuition and fees for 2018-2019, including room and board. If you choose a double space but the other bed is not filled, you will be asked consolidate rooms with other residents or you will be charged the single room rate for the space. Please be sure to request a roommate!
Do I have to complete an application before selecting my room?
The Housing Intent form is our version of an application. As long as you complete that (and register for classes) you will be able to select your room. Both registration and intent form should be completed by April 9th in order to eligible for housing. Note that the housing contract is attached to the intent form.
I submitted the intent form. Why don’t I see a countdown to my lottery time?
Countdowns and specific time assignments will come out midday on April 10th. Check back then! As long as you have submitted your form and registered for a full class load, you will be eligible for the first phase of selection.
Why doesn’t the room I want have a “reserve” button?
You will only be able to reserve rooms that have not been already selected and match any pre-determined gender/accessibility settings.
What happens if someone in my roommate group is not eligible for selection?
This means that the roommate you are requesting has either not completed their intent form or has not registered for classes. The system will not let you place them in your suite when reserving your room.
How will my roommates accept the room reservation?
A student must join a roommate group by logging into eRezLife and marking it as their choice. Any student in the roommate group can then place everyone in the group into a suite/room without further action in the system – no need to go in and “accept” the room reservation!
Are there other students selecting rooms at the same time as me?
Yes, small groups of students are allowed in the system to select simultaneously. Everything happens in real time, so you are always seeing exactly which rooms are available.